Monday 24 September 2012

The Shirts of Eddie Jordan


I have made an executive decision to make a blog post and it could be the first; dedicated to The Shirts of Eddie Jordan.
I’ve grown up watching Formula 1 on every other Sunday with my Dad and now if it’s on, I do flick over and watch it-keep me in the loop of who’s driving what.
Well it only came to my attention this weekend passed, that even though during most race’s Eddie Jordan’s shirt usually comes up in conversation-I have never fully appreciated his shirts until now.     I think it takes a brave man to wear all the prints and colours that Mr E.J wears and I think he pulls them off well. I realised half the attraction to flicking over to the F1 now, is to see what shirt E.J. will be wear!
Loving the polka dot.

Of course, not only his shirts, I genuinely like his whole attitude and charisma that he brings to the show; not being scared or intimidated by anyone and pushing through to get what the public want to know.

If anybody doesn’t know who Eddie Jordan is he was a racing driver during the seventies, he raced for Formula Ford, Formula Atlantic and Formula Two. In the 1980’s he founded his first team Eddie Jordan Racing and then later on he founded Jordan Grand Prix in Formula 1. He helped a lot of new and up and coming drivers including Michael Schumacher who had he’s first season with Jordan Grand Prix until joining Benetton. It was in 2004 when Eddie Jordan finally sold Jordan Grand Prix and since then he has carried on being an icon in Formula 1 moving into presenting and co hosting with Jake Humphrey and  ex formula 1 racer David Coultard.
Now every other weekend I see him on the tele, commentating for Formula 1 and flauting another funky shirt and I think he's great-he carries the whole swarve thing off and is a bit of an ol' silver fox!

Guess which ones E.J?
 
I think you notice E.J.'s shirts more as he is usually standing with David and Jake, who seem to like their plain block coloured shirts.
I'm liking the black and white check, not only does it stand out and play with your eyes, but I also like the red buttons down the front-very couture!

I think this is one of my favorites-Purple with pinky print. It also looks as if its a sheen satin fabric-which just makes it cooler!
 
 
And just a little note: I’ve just found out that E.J suffers from alopecia and has done since a racing accident years ago and therefore he wears wigs. I’m quite surprised as he’s hair is amazing and suits him so well.
Congrats E.J for making it looks so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment