Monday 10 September 2012

Shingo Sato exercises-by Toni Anne Everitt


Started a new internet course in the last couple of weeks, taught by the infamous designer Shingo Sato: he is a Milan based designer who teaches Transformational Reconstruction. It is an internet course only available to people who are invited to take part and is a once in a blue moon opportunity as this is only the second time this course as been available, also with no charge.

The course is going to last approx 2 months with a new exercise to do every week to upload to showcase. I have just uploaded the first two exercises which were based upon one seam bodices; using the apex’s of the darts to join a one line design onto the front and back of a bodice.

During these exercises they have helped me to sew better especially around curves and corners teaching me about mountains and valleys and how important it is to cut into the fabric to ease it.

I have been using thick calico and any fabric I’ve got hanging around the house; which is a red cotton material at the moment and also using my new sewing machine!
This is the first bodice-made by following Shingo Sato's excersise including the design.
This is the front of the bodice

The back of the bodice.

A close up of one of the points-quite proud of it!
Then after completing the first exercise; the next aim was to make your own variation with your own design.


The only negative comment I have recieved was that my ironing needs to be improved!
Which I think is fair enough-being I don't even own an ironing board, so I will have to sort that out!
 
Im quite happy with it and I'm hoping to show my designs up here once their done!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment