Tuesday 18 September 2012

London Fashion Week Peter Pilotto


So London Fashion Week is here and I haven’t written anything yet!

I have been keeping up to date with Style.com as the greatest fashion site you can keep right up with each show as it literally gets put onto the site.

While having a look through yesterday-one designer that really caught my eye was Peter Pilotto. As I looked through the new S/S 13 collection; I loved the beginning of monochrome heavily printed with geometric shapes and print but then as the collection evolved it incorporated bright colours and movement inspired curved print.

I also loved the cut of the garments-I think that why this collection stood out to me as it has both aspects within it; construction and textiles. I love the cut of the garments; tight trousers with volumes such as peplums over the waist or flare in the sleeves or hip area to balance out the contour of the body. I even loved the playfulness of the peplum round the waist that turns into the flare of the hem around the skirt.

Within the collection there seemed to be what I could see of Digital Printing; such defined crisp prints onto fabrics with appeared to be silks. Also there seemed to be quite a lot of knit. I did think it a bit strange to have designed knit for spring summer, but then the weather we have it’s nice to be prepared! And for someone who doesn’t get-on with knit very well-I think it’s exquisite and looks utterly beautiful on the models. I even like the contrast between the thicker knit and the soft flowingness of the silks.
Love the geometric print and the geometry in the knit aswell.
 

Peter Pilotto is a name I have come to recognize-and this year it has just flaunted itself off!

No comments:

Post a Comment