Tuesday 18 September 2012

London Fashion Week- Osman


I think I have fallen in love!  
As I’m researching London Fashion Week, there weren’t anyone’s collections (apart from Peter Pilotto!) that I really looked at and thought “that is amazingly beautiful!”

Until….. Osman!
 

If I’m honest it’s not a name I recognized or knew but I love the new spring summer 2013 collection. It started with bright bold colours such as fuchsia and blue and then within the collection transformed into more muted tones such as pastel pinks, black and white. The cut of the garments varied as well with dresses, three quarter trousers and shorts all being part of the collection. One of the main features was what seemed to be embroidery with designs including a star shape and a heart design.
 

I loved the angles with this collection; whether it is in the shoulders, the peplums or in the neck lines. There were the harsh elements of cut but then there were pieces that were teamed up with a beautiful soft fabric to introduce the softer side of the collection. Fabric wise-I’m not sure what was included n the collection although there was satin used in some of the skirts and a padded quilted fabric used with the embroidery design. I loved the leather or pleather that was included in some tops and the sheen fabrics.








On the whole, I think there is an element of power and toughness but with soft edges making this collection very elegant and sophisticated. It’s one of my favourites so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment