Thursday 11 October 2012

Handmade Fabric Heart


As I work part time in a high street retail shop; Peacocks (which I love!) my manager is leaving us this week and becoming an area manager for another company. She’s worked with me and my colleges for about a year and has been a really supportive manager.
I felt I wanted to give her a little present as a thank you and good luck gift but being that funds are tight (to say the least) I wondered if I could make her something.
So….. being that a couple of months ago, I made a fabric stuffed heart for a friend-it wasn’t the greatest but not bad for a first attempted I suppose, I thought I would try something along the same line. And it went really well!!



Using fabric I got in and around the house: calico, thin cotton sheeting and red cotton twill, I then-unusually for me-taking my time; embroidered it!  With yellow and clear beads and hand stitched in red, white and yellow cotton thread. I also used leather and burnt “Good Luck” into it and then stitched it onto the heart as well as a leather hoop for hanging the heart.

For someone who doesn’t have much patience for hand sewing bits or embroidery, I do feel quite proud of this piece and have proven to myself I can do little things like this if I try.
My little fabric heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment