Saturday 9 June 2012

Union Jack Doggy Coat made by Toni Anne Everitt

Over the Jubilee weekend, last week, I was lucky enough to go to a local Jubilee Carnival!!
I was hoping to wear the dress I have shown on my last post but it was not finished in time so I ended up wearing a regular red dress but my star attraction was my little pooch who I took with me to the carnival.
My little baby is a 4 year old british bulldog called Elizabeth-named appropriately after the Queen! So I took her with me and my Mum, sporting her new doggy coat hand made by me especially for the Jubilee and the Olympics which is all happening this year.
It wasn't measured very well (as Elizabeth wasn't too co-operative!) and had to have some tweeking around the neck area and the elastic straps around her front, but on the whole I think it was quite successful-everybody made a huge fuss of her and she was the centre of attention.
The jacket/dress was made from a cotton mix fabric I had previously bought around Shepherds Bush in London. It's constructed of a square(ish) piece of fabric lined with my favorite Pleather and then three ruffles sewn onto the back to add extra femininity!
It's attached by a piece of elastic under the tummy from side to side and another two pieces of elastic crossed over at the front-I thought it wouldn't compromise her movement.
It is also toilet friendly and acts a little modesty panel!
For a first attempt, I am content with my little creation and I think my model wears it well!
If anyone likes it or has any comments, they would be great to hear. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment