Monday 4 June 2012

Jubilee Concert

Just watched the Jubilee Concert on BBC-I have to say I'v never been so proud to be English!
Granted their where areas that were not as good as others-I did feel for "Cheryl" (you can't pull off just a first name unless your Cher or Madonna!) who I did cringe a bit for.
Tonight was the first time I worked out what on earth twitter is! And started oogerling what people where saying and tweeting-it wasnt good for Cheryl ot Will.i.am.
I did however love her dress-It was nice to see someone make an effort.
I thought it was a beautiful tight fitted dress with a mermaid tail which looked as if it had been dip dyed making it paler. I also liked the pleather/plastic effect of the dress and the contrast of the cups in a black matt fabric.
I thought she looked really quite elegant.
Another artist that amazed me was.... Grace Jones!! If you ask my friend Jacqui Stanard she will tell you how influenced I am by both Annie Lennox and Grace Jones; and to see them both perform live on stage was my little ideal heaven!
Im not sure of Grace's age, I believe it is 64-which is amazing, when you watched her preform the entire song Slave to the Rythm whilst hola hooping!! I find her fashion taste amazing-she's the original Lady Gaga!
If I can squeeze into a PVC style bodice with legs like that when Im 64-I will be happy!!
Her attire seamed to be an all in one ridged plastic black and red bodice with a back skirt that came out from the thigh to the floor. To complete the look was the black long gloves and the out-of-this-world pleated volume red face hat!!
I know everybody thinks shes as mad as a hatter-but my Dad always loved her-and I think that rubbed off on me; I love her own sense of style-she is a bit fruit and nut but with those legs she can pull it off!
As for the Royals on tonights occassion, I wasn't dissapointed with HRH the Queen.
 When she first arrived, The Queen sported a black cape with front gold buttons. I did wonder why black as she usually likes her bright colours, but I understood that it must of been getting cooler in the evening aswell.
 Then by the end of the night she unveiled her beautiful what appeared to be gold silk dress with an embossed detail right the way over the shoulder making it a distinguished dress. Teamed up with a pearl necklace and pearl earings, she looked every bit regal.
As for Kate, I could not really see what she was wearing but I found from twitter that her shirt is from Whistles at the lower price than her McQueen dress yeasturday, of £110.
 Kate cheering on at the concert.
The original Whistles top-Available from John Lewis and if you were wondering.... yes, you can only dry clean.

2 comments:

  1. woohoo I'm mentioned! lol It made me teary watching the queen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea me too! When I saw Annie Lennox I though of you! ha ha

    ReplyDelete