Wednesday 27 June 2012

Caro Emerald live at Hampton Court Palace

Last week, me and my better half went to see the 1940s style singer Caro Emerald at Hampton Court Palace in London. I had bought the tickets quite a while back and was really looking forward to it-and it didn't dissapoint!
I love the building of Hampton Court Palace anyway but I loved it even more as a beautiful backdrop of a vintage style concert. The concert was right in the middle of the grounds the only negetive of the evening was that it was situated in the open air-and it rained! Worse still; everyone had plastic rain macks and I didnt, so sporting the wet look was the aim of my evening!
Caro Emerald was amazing-she sounded so good live and I loved the 8 piece band with her including trombone, saxophone, piano...etc.
She was so warm and thanked eveyone for staying even though the rain was coming down. I really enjoyed it, even though her album is quite a sofisticated jazzy album towards the end of the concert everyone was up and dancing in their seats-me included!
I was suprised though that I seemed to be one of the youngest people there-I would have thought that more vintage inspired youngsters would be there.
Caro was dressed all in white, a embrioded fitted top with a sofisticated knee length skirt-very of the 40's era and completed the look with a white bere which I loved with her hair to one side and white heels which were swapped for wellies half way through due to all the rain!
I really enjoyed the concert and got into the 1940's vibe! Here are some photos I took of the evening.
The beautiful settings in Hampton Court Palace.

Caro Emerald and her band.

Everybody enjoying the atmosphere.

Towards the end of the night-notice her matching wellies!

No comments:

Post a Comment