Tuesday 7 May 2013

Second Outfit for Final Collection


My second outfit is just about done and dusted! It consists of a little bolero-style top with a stand up collar, a balloon shirt and pleather trousers.

I didn’t, however, think about that my second constructed look was made of three spate garments and would take me ages. Warning to others-think about this when you design a collection! I’m hoping it will pay off as I hope you can tell I’ve not chose the easy option but got a fuller collection with different items.

So my bolero style top; which really needs a more professional name; is made of white leather and black leather-half and half; as Cruella. The top is lined with a polyester dogtooth fabric. I do like the interior; as it looks quite striking and links in with the first look containing dogtooth.

The shirt is a balloon shirt; with gathered sleeves and a gathered back. The fabric is bought from The Cloth House in London and is said to have metal thread within in. Whether it does or not; it is really cool and holds an amazing structure. So far, this shirt is my favourite piece with a flat and simple front and then a ballooned back.



 

The trousers are based on a basic trouser block and are made from a stretchy pleather fabric. At the bottom of the ankle is a diagonal seam which leads onto a chiffon piece. I thought this represented the harsh with the soft; the two sides as in Cruella Deville. There is also side pockets; lined with the same dogtooth fabric as the jacket to match.

If I’m honest I haven’t put everything together yet on a stand-as the neck of the shirt isn’t finished yet. But I’m hoping everything will work well together.

I have now started a skirt that is part of the third look and a top that is part of the fifth look.

So as it stands his is the final line up of my Autumn/Winter 2014 collection;

·         LOOK ONE; jacket/top with one sleeve and a long tube skirt.

·         LOOK TWO; a bolero style jacket, a balloon shirt with balloon sleeves and trousers.

·         LOOK THREE; a jacket/ top and a high waist pencil skirt.

·         LOOK FOUR; a fitted dress with a peplum.

·         LOOK FIVE; a balloon shirt with a stand up collar and fitted trousers with a train.

·         LOOK SIX; a fitted dress with a separate train-but this one might change!

No comments:

Post a Comment