Sunday 19 May 2013

Video for Final Collcetion


This week has been a busy week and ended on a long Friday when me and my fellow class mates where lucky enough to have a video recorded for our end of year shows at Graduate Fashion Week and New Designers.

The video is a show of the fashion collections made by students which will then be continuously running on our stand at the London shows to advertise our collections to potential customers or employers. It was shot by students at the Colchester Institute studying film and video diploma.

All the collections hanging up in the studio.

So the day started at 8am to get the models into hair and makeup and then onto the organization of which models would where what collection and which garment. Sadly, nothing runs smoothly and the video ran hours behind the original schedule making the day even longer.

My garments hanging on the rail ready for the day.
I was assisting in the model department for the day as well as organizing my collection ready for the video.  All the students were allocated 4 outfits to show which had to be then fitted to each model and brought from the fashion studio to the recording room across the campus.
I was really looking forward to the day even though I was aware it was going to a long one and I was really excited to see 4 of my final garments on people. When the moment came to dress the girls-of which I am eternally grateful as they all looked amazing! - I was so excited!
Abbie getting her make up re-touched.
 
Eloise getting her hair done by fellow colleague Sam Purnell.
 
I hadn’t ever lined up the garments together and looked at it as a full collection and I hadn’t even though how they look against each other. So when the moment came I was rather nervous but excited…. And it was amazing! I had to find a model to fit into my trousers and have a bit of a shift around but once everything was set, seeing them lined up together in the studio looked fab. I turned into a right mother hen-preening every crease and looking for every thread. The poor tutor that was heading the shoot must have been irritated by me; keep popping into the shots “sorry!”, “just one sec”… I was beaming and kept fussing over the girls and turned into a right fruit and nut! The girls where amazing as were the guys in the video studio as it was expected to finish at 5 but over ran and didn’t finish until 8.20pm!
Chelhsea, Eloise, Beth and Abbie modelling my collection!
 
 
 
 

Outfit number 1in the final collection.
 
Outfit 6 in collection.

Long secquin train on the back.
The third outfit within the collection.

 
Outfit 5 of the collection.

 
I want to say a big thank you to everyone and hopefully when the video comes back edited and finished it will showcase all the talent in the class and of the filming crew.

So now this week is the last week at the institute before half term and then it’s off to Graduate Fashion Week. So in the use of the studio I have only got this week to finish sewing the collection and get all the garments done. O top of this Thursday is my professional photo shoot!! So everything has to be ready this week! The good news is I’ve only got one more outfit to make and finish ready for the photo shoot and then to finish all files and paperwork before hand in on the 7th of June.

So here’s to another hectic week…..

No comments:

Post a Comment