Sunday 14 April 2013

Professional Photo Shoot-Cruella Inspired; Model and Bulldog.


So this was moment I was waiting for…. my professional photo!

I didn’t know what to expect; I was hoping the model would look really sleek and sophisticated and then the dog would look cute and kitsch. In an ideal world-I would have liked the dog to have been positioned side wards but beggars can’t be choosers!

I am happy with the photo-I think it has the feel I was after and I do think that my little bulldog looks rather swell!

I decided this will be the first outfit of my-hopefully-six! The collection is based on the fictional character; Cruella Devil. Basing it on her signature hair which is half white and half black; I’ve looked into this significance deeper looked at opposites, split personality and schizophrenia. This was then what was investigated in a style design, applying it as half good half bad; half sculptural, half drape, half feminine, half masculine, half tailored, half floaty…
 

I like the symmetry and asymmetry of this outfit; the long tubular skirt is ultimate symmetrical with darts and a straight hem. Then the top is asymmetrical with half pattern, half plain, half structure, half soft; half lapel and collar, half sleeve; half fitted jacket, half drape top. This was then also applied to a matching dog coat-made from half sequin fabric and half woollen dog tooth.

The thought behind the dog coat was being Cruella was a notorious dog catcher, I thought it ironic to have a dog as part of the shoot. It was never to be a Dalmatian as that would be too obvious but it was only when I investigated that most dog apparel is suited to small-bag size dogs. After more searching the only larger dogs to be glamed up were breeds such as whippets and greyhounds. So as an owner of a British bulldog, I went in search to find what there was for this type of breed. I was appalled that the only outfits advertised were; pirate outfits, lion outfits… really stupid fancy dress costumes and I found that really bad. So I’m going to reach out to the breeds that other doggy designers frown upon; bulldogs, boxers, staffies, pit bulls and if I can get anybody wanting anything for a Great Dane or a Rottweiler with measurements I shall do this as well!

I hope this photo captures the two sides of the outfit and emphasises the power behind the outfit and the attitude within it. I also hope this showcases the glamour that is available for bigger beautiful slobbery dogs!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY WORD!! THATS YOUR BROCHURE IMAGE?? ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! WELL DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete