Sunday 17 February 2013

Victoria & Albert Museum Fashion.


While I was at London I also visited the Victoria and Albert Museum.

It’s a beautiful museum with so many different collections; while I was there I found other departments that I had not come across before such as the architecture rooms and the jewellery rooms.
If I could have taken pictures of the jewellery rooms, I would have done as they were beautiful! There were so many different metals from different eras; the oldest was a gold necklace from 700 b.c.
I also visited the fashion section which I believe has been moved around. I still look in awe at the V&A fashion collection as they have garments from Elsa Schiaparelli to Helmut Lang. I walked around taking loads of pictures of everything as I could not decide what to focus on! So I’m going to put these up so everyone can take a look.
Helmut Lang A/W/ 2003
Evening Coat from the 1920's.
Evening dress 1925 and a fan made from ostrich feathers 1920-1930.
I think this is a beautiful 20's dress, in such a vivatious colour and straight lines typical of the 20's era.
Evening coat Marshall & Snelgrove 1895-1900.
Dolman Emile Pingat 1885
This is an amazing coat,the fabric looks so luxiourious-I love it!

I’m thinking about focusing more on the 1940’s and 1950’s as I really like the feminine silhouette and the fitted style. I also think it was a beautiful era just after the war and possibly an optimistic time; looking forward to their future.
Christian Dior S/S 1952
Jean Desses A/W 1948
Michael Carlos Place 1954
Jacket and Skirt 1895
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment