Sunday 17 February 2013

Pure 33 London Trade Show.


So I travelled up to London again recently, hoping to get inspired!

I went to the London trade fair of Pure London 33. It is usually a business trade event only but one day (which was Tuesday) is a student day so commoners like me can go and take an oogle!            And I have to say I really enjoyed it, I didn’t expect it to be as big as it was; on two levels including Footwear and Accessories. I walked around trying to take everything in; the floor was filled with all different types of fashion stands, whether it is knitwear, evening wear, young adult…etc. I enjoyed just walking around taking a look, picking up some brochers and cards.
Entrance to Pure 33 London.
One of the stalls within the trade show.
Other stands in the show.
 
 
Bag stall from the upper level within the show.
 
Walking around I came across an Iron Fist stand in the middle of the floor. I must have looked totally dazed as one of the workers came up to me and asked if I liked the stand. I certainly did and with this started up a conversation with him. It was really nice not to be shunned by stand workers because of my position as a student and the man I spoke to was really friendly and talkative. I ended the conversation with saying that “when I graduate I would like to work in a place like this”-well you have to be up front don’t you?! And on that, he gave me a card to contact when I do! Result!
Iron Fist Stand.
Iron Fist shoes.
 
Other young adult stalls.
I liked this one-a knicker stand!
 
 
I am now re-thinking where I want to be in the market and what kind of job I really want to do. I’ve always thought couture high end but I feel I might have a flare for a more high street quirky style such as Iron fist or Red or Dead. If so then I have to sort it out now before I do my final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment