Monday 18 February 2013


Last week saw the opening of London Fashion Week!

The shows are showing new Autumn Winter 2013 lines and started a few days ago.

I’ve just had a little oogle and I have found some really inspiring collections. The first was David Komas collection which was inspired by the vinyl record which once known, you can recognize it easily. I found the collection exciting as the fabric he has used shows the inspiration and has given the garments structure and texture. I will possibly include him in my inspiration this term as I really like the collection.

Another collection which I was amazed that I liked was Top shop. I have to say I find it a little strange that a high street shop show cases their collection at such a prestigious event as London Fashion Week-but in the same breath I think it’s good that high street shops are being included in the show. Most of Top shops clothing is very popular and although I myself don’t shop there, I like there A/W collection-especially the fur patent leather and the fur.

Jonathan Saunders is another designer which usually I don’t automatically pick up on but I love his patent leather in his latest collection and the corset/bodices that he has teamed up with softer and brighter dresses. There is a 1940s feel to some of the dresses,very tailored collection which then has a rockier edge with the bodices-fab!
 
 
 
 
 

Felder Felder consists of a designer duo of two sisters. Their latest collection has a very feminine feel and towards the end old school glamour reminiscent of the 1940’s with fur and long flowing dresses. But it was the funky material that stood out; the tight legging come trousers that looked like they had been slid into and the peach plastic-looking fabric that was used for coats and dresses. I love that it was included in such a feminine collection and looked so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment