Friday 23 August 2013

Opening night of Quadrophenia!


Last night was the opening night of the show Quadrophenia at the Mercury Theatre in Colchester.

I am obviously going to be bias as I am part of the team but I though it went fabulously! And in my opinion it was better than the rehearsal and everyone pulled it out the bag. I would like to see what the general public thought of it.

As I am part of the wardrobe team although I also sing although yesterday I was allowed to sit and watch the whole production which I loved. I now know and respect what all the backstage people do such as the wardrobe team, the technical team, all the sound and microphone people to all the props and queues that have to be managed and ensemble. But it was also great to see what the actors had been working on and seeing from the front all put together.

If I’m honest half the time I just wanted to be up there with them on stage, as I had watched some rehearsal scenes and knew what was coming!  I think it’s opened up a lot of questions for me personally in what I want to do, if I do want to work in theatre or if another path for me would be more appropriate.

But on the Quadrophenia story; I believe there are a few spare seats available and I would strongly recommend going. I sat next to an original Mod last night as he came to watch it and I kept asking him his opinion of it of which he kept saying that he thought they had done a good job. He also was one of the people up on his feet at the end jeering and applauding!

I know one of his favourite songs as well as one of my favourite scenes in this show is the 5.15 scene. I though it really glammed it up and the lighting and movement all on stage was really electric. I won’t spoil it for anyone if you are going, but my favourite moment is in this scene and consists of the character of the psychiatrist as he appears in one of Jimmy’s trippy moments-it’s so good! The finale is also amazing and starts off really deep and meaningful to build into a full chorus on stage and then into a party! The end was really fun and everyone enjoyed it, audience members were up on their feet and it was a right good feel factor. The main characters especially “Jimmy” played by Chris is amazing and I think he portrays all the feelings and confusion that is Jimmy. It is also good to see him rock out at the end!

If anyone goes to see it this weekend, please leave a comment as I would love to know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment