Sunday 18 August 2013

Last Rehearsals of Quadrophenia at the Mercury Theater.


“It is time” always makes me think of Mufasa in the Lion King!

But the two weeks of rehearsals and measuring everything ready for the show at the Mercury Theatre is over and now there is only 3 days left until the live show!

And so begins the beginning of Tec Week; which is only really 3 days. These 3 days though will be dedicated to running everything through using the stage, lights, sound and including costume and make up and altering or understanding the play better ready for Thursday.
 
The stand of costumes in order with each characters garments.






One of the girls Mod dresses; which needed to be taken in on both back seams and shorten the hem. Although situated on the mannequin it is a little obvious.

I’m really excited for the coming week although I know it’s going to be a long one, I’ve been pre-warned that it will easily be over a 10hour day! As well as helping with the fittings and wardrobe department I am also taking part in the final song at the end of the show. Therefore I also need to take part within the rehearsals as well as helping out with the backstage events.

So tomorrow is the first Tec and I need to be free from 2.30pm to listen to the live band and recognise my intro to my little line which I’m going to be singing!

 



I didn’t want to give too much away but this was a little sneaky peak at the rehearsals this week. This was the rehearsals of the last scenes of Quadrophenia…can you tell what’s going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment