Tuesday 4 December 2012

London College of Art Exhibition celebrating 175 years.


This week I had a trip out to London.  During my trip, I went to the London College of Art to visit their exhibition that is celebrating 175 years of the school. It showcased some of their previous students work such as Christopher Bailey and Henry Moore. If I’m honest I didn’t know what to expect; the exhibition was quite big and consisted of different kinds of art, sculpture and a bit of fashion. I had a little mooch around and found some items and pieces really interesting-I didn’t know very many artists there but there were plenty of different pieces to keep you intrigued. The exhibition is free to enter and it was prohibited to take pictures-though I did take a few!

 I found this sculpture quite intreeging. I don’t know its significance but I enjoyed looking at it. The smoothness of the circular forms and being made in a stainless steels gives it an appealing visual look.  
Line of Thought by Tony Cragg 2002

I loved this sculpture, I found it really eye catching and different. I don’t know what the meaning is but I understood it as a protective significance as the tiger was growling and shoots out spikes of protection.

Spike by David Mach 2012

A couple of painting I did like was these ones;

I didn’t realize until after, but they are painted by the musician Ian Dury. I thought they were very different to what else was in the gallery. I found them quite feministic to begin with but now I am wondering if there was another meaning behind them.
(And I did Google Jemima Proust and from what I can gather she isn’t a real person!)

No comments:

Post a Comment